Thursday, September 18, 2008

A start to a busy weekend!

We have a really busy weekend ahead and the end of the week was a good start. We had two playdates and a trip to Toys R us! Morgan and her crew and April and her crew came over to play. Morgan as Kaden (2) and Brilee (1) and April has Ryleigh (1)...so it gave everyone a good opportunity to play with kids their age. Morgan played ring around the rosie with the kids and they LOVED it - who knew spinning around in a circle could make a kid so happy?!?

Kaden with Ellie in the choke hold!

Today I took the kids to Toys R Us too check it out. A new Babies R us/Toys R us (all in one) opened up right here at the mall. So I wanted to check it out (with out the other 5,000 people in Buford like I did the first time I went!) I already it in my head that I would let Ellie get something - really because I was in a pretty good mood and she has not gotten to go and pick out a toy to buy. Well...we looked...and looked...Cole was so good...and nothing...nothing! I asked her what she wanted and she told me she did not want anything!!! I was confused, sad, happy, worried all at the same time - I mean what normal kid does not want to get anything?!? (Especially Ellie who turns "I want things" into "I need things" So...we left! With NOTHING! I asked her on the way home why she did not want anything and she replies "I have to poop!" So...I think her having to poop totally took her mind away from toys...I guess it would me too :)


After Toys R Us our friends Jessie, Katie, and Taylor invited us down to play. Ellie and Katie played outside on the swing set and Cole and Taylor slept in our arms. Katie and Ellie are 3 months apart and Cole and Taylor are 1 month apart...so it works out nice.
Tomorrow Me, Katie, Nana, and Grammie are taking Ellie to the circus...I am hoping Ellie does not get scared...since Cookie Monster scared her at Elmo Live.
To top it all off...Saturday morning we have been invited to go to Monkey Joe's (a place full of "jump houses" as Ellie calls them! So...by Sunday Ellie will have had a HUGE weekend! Hopefully I survive!

This is my favorite pic of them...I can see Luke saying...Dude...soon you will get to have this thick stuff fed to you bite by bite...and Cole is saying...ooohhhh yeahhhhhhh!!

2 comments:

Suzanna said...

Poor Ellie--she was being so good trying not to poop in her pants and didn't get a toy! But I guess play dates, bounce houses, the circus might make up for it!

Have fun at the circus. That will be a blast! I've never been to one so I can't wait for Caroline to get old enough to go.

Julie said...

haha! Yeah - she made it home before pooping...haha...I need to take her back and get her a toy - poor kid!!