Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-11

Today is Sept 11th - 7 years after the attacks on the world trade center. Do you remember what you were doing? I do! I was in bed and got a call from my mom saying dad was ok that the first building had been attacked but Dad was ok - since he was working in NY that day! I then reached for the remote and turned on the TV just in enough time to see the second plane hit the building. I sat there like it was a movie or something...still it does not seem real. I have seen ground zero twice now - but I could not imagine being there during the attacks. Dad was in NY that day but not close to the towers. Thanks goodness his building was uptown and not downtown (I think I have my downs and ups right, Dad?!?)

What were you doing during the attacks??

4 comments:

Tom Elliott said...

Hi Jools, actually I was in Midtown Manhattan (6th Ave and 54th St), and the WTC was in Downtown, about 4 miles away. Mom actually knoew about it before I did because of TV. She paged me to see if I was OK which is when I first knew of it. It's sad, we had a memorial today for the 295 people at my current company that were killed in it (our floors in the WTC were a direct hit).

Julie said...

Wow!! Good thing you did not work for them then!! Scary!

Jill said...

I was doing leg curls in weight training. I lifted up and said "good thing my dad's in New York!" Yea, I definitely thought the WTC was in Atlanta. Daye Sullivan looked at me like I was crazy and in her shy little voice said, "Jill, you know the WTC is in New York" Oops! Glad dad was ok!!

Suzanna said...

Hahahahaha--I'm still laughing that Jill thought the WTC was in ATL.