Sunday, September 28, 2008

I am losing custody :(

Well...I got some bad news this weekend. As you know, I have been watching my sweet nephew, Luke, since the beginning of August. I have really become close to him since I see him so much and he is my nephew...he is like my own. But, Luke parents (my older sister Katie and my brother in law Dan) have decided not to move here to Gwinnett and to stay to raise their family in Oconee County. I totally think they need to do what they feel is best for their family - I would not want someone trying to talk me out of not doing what I wanted to do - but I am really going to miss the little goof ball. I know the kids will still be close and I will see him a lot - but since I keep him Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I have really bonded with him.

The deal in the beginning was that I would drive to pick up Luke at the Waffle House at Harbins - but that was understood to be just until they moved here. Now that they are not moving - it is just a lot of driving on both parts and we don't really think it is economical. So...this was kind of a weekend of mourning...but I know I will see Luke lots and he will still love me the same ;)

So...to sum it up...I am losing custody of Luke. I guess the parents reign over the aunt (for anyone who does not know me well - Katie and Dan are GREAT parents - and there was no custody battle - I am just being funny)

No comments: