Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Yes...he is here!

All I can say is thank goodness! I feel like a whole new person! I felt better 15 minutes after he was born! Sunday night I had started to think (again) I was in labor. Nothing big...just more contractions. I did not want to get everyones hopes up so I just went to bed. Well...about 3:30 am I woke up and there was NO doubt I was in labor. I layed here for an hour and then I woke Tim up and we timed contractions for about an hour then I got in the shower. I waited until about 6 am to call the doctor. I called mom and KT to get the process started. The doctor told me to go to the hospital pretty quickly. We got to the hospital about 7:30 am and when I got there I was 4-5 cm dilated. At 11:50 am my water still had not broken so the midwife broke my water and Cole was born 25 mintues later at 12:15 pm. It was so nice to have it go so fast since Ellie took FOREVER to come out! Even better...we are home now! They came in and said everything looked good and we could go home - so we came in to the hospital at 7:30 am on Monday and got home at 5 pm on Tuesday...good deal!

Cole is a big boy weighing in at 8 lbs 12.5 oz. He is 21 inches long and has a 14 inch head. He is doing really well...we will see how he sleeps tonight :)

No comments: