Monday, June 9, 2008

37 week appt.

I just got back from the doctor today - I am 37 weeks. Last week I was 1 cm dilated and 50% thinned (effaced). This week I am 2 cm dilated and 75% dilated. So...we are still moving in the right direction. The midwife said it should not be too much longer - people keep saying that and I hope I have not gotten jinxed.

I lost 3 pounds at my appt today - last week I must have been retaining lots of water or something - weird! But I have been totally cleared of preeclampsia.

The midwife also said Cole will be bigger than Ellie - Ellie was 8.1 when she was born - so lets hope for under 9 (Please!) At my next appt (a week from today) the midwife will strip my membranes and they said if it works - it usually works with in 2 days. So...hopefully by the end of next week - I will be posting new pics of little Cole!!

My head cold is pretty much gone - I feel SO much better! I have gotten a little "boost" of energy - probably knowing the end is near!

Nana and Jill have been taking Ellie to swim lessons the past week and this is her last week. Today the kids put on little life vests and had to float on their backs. When Nana let Ellie go (after Ellie cried when she had to put the vest on) Nana would show Ellie that she was not holding on to Ellie and Ellie would start cracking up. It was cute. Wednesday is the day - they are being dunked!!!!!! We will see how it goes! I will try to get some pics of swim lessons - they are on my moms camera.

1 comment:

Tom Elliott said...

Bonjour!!! Jools will have Cole either today or tomorrow because I am in Paris and crazy stuff always happens when I come here.