Friday, March 6, 2009

Updates!!

Well, lots has happened since my last blog entry.

First, My sweet Wukey got his tubes put in his ears. I was not able to be there (7 am appointment + 2 young children = disaster!) But, we went over to his house to see him that day and he was great! He was his normal wild and ALL OVER THE PLACE self. I have never seen a child into so much stuff! Katie is gonna have her HANDS FULL!! He is still my favorite nephew though!

We are all still trying to get over our sickness. I still have the congestion and have been put on an anti-biotic to knock it out! Cole has the crud now...but hopefully it won't turn into an ear infection. Ellie and Cole both go to the doctor for their 3 year and 9 mos appointment on March 23. Cole will have blood work done then, and I am not looking forward to it! When Ellie had blood drawn Tim had to literally hold her down...and mommy had to leave the room b/c I could not stand to see that! So...mom or Tim will for sure be coming with me for this!

Ellie and Cole are really starting to interact together and it is SO CUTE! They are starting to play with another (which sometimes causes melt-downs from certain little 3 year olds). But, today Ellie was talking about best friends and I asked her who her best friend was and she said Cole-Man. It really made me smile...I hope they stay "best friends" forever!

Lastly, last weekend we got to spend our Saturday night in the ER with Cole-Man. For some reason (we will not get into it on my blog) Cole was sitting on the bar stool at my mom's and his care taker looked away for a moment and Cole took a dive off the chair! He fell flat on his face and head. Poor guy...we thought he would be ok then he puked...and he was starting to have bloody boogers...so I freaked out just a little bit ;) and off we went. He was fine...he was flirting with all of the nursed by the time we got there...but the peace of mind that night was worth going. Now, both of my kids have an excuse if they grow up and are "just not right". Ellie fell out of a shopping cart at about the same age as Cole-Man...haha...we are FABULOUS parents! In all joking...I felt like the worst parent in the world after Ellie fell...but when I would tell other parents...immediatly they told me their "story" of what their child had done when they were little...it made me feel better that defax was not coming to knock on my door. Hopefully we won't have anymore "stories" like that...yeah right! haha!

1 comment:

Katie said...

They will be best friends one minute and fighting the next!! By the way....I think Aunt Katie is Ellie's best friend!! :)