Monday, March 23, 2009

Check-up updates!

Cole and Ellie had their well visit today at the doctor. Ellie had her annual check up and Cole had his 9 month appt. Both went well...kind of...

Ellie is good to go...of course she impressed the doctor with her vocabulary and personality (shocker she talks a lot!). She was 37 1/4 inches and 37 pounds.

Then my poor Cole buddy. He had a rough day poor guy. At the 9 month appt Kaiser does a blood work up to check for the normal blood work things (that is my way of saying...I have no idea why). So, I was prepared because when Ellie had this done Tim had to hold her down and it was awful. So, I knew not to go by myself. Nana stepped up and came with us! Thanks Nana! Cole was first looked over by the doctor and turns out he had bronchiolitis. He has had some problems with coughing and then gagging and then...bllahhhh all over the person who is holding him. It was getting really old cleaning up his bllaahhh...anyways...the doctor said he has the congestion/fluid/whatever in his broncioles which has become infected. So...he is on an inhaler in hopes that the congestion will go away and help with the coughing/puking.

Cole was 28 3/4 inches and 21.2 pounds...which he has lost a few ounces since he went about a month ago...but that was expected with all the vomiting. He was in the 70th percentile for his height and weight and then his head has made a big leap to the 80th percentile!

Back at his 6 month appt they were running low of the HIB vaccine so Cole/Mommy got an unexpected shot today. Then, it was off to the lab. Mind you Mommy made a mistake and had this appt right in the middle of his afternoon nap time. So, needless to say Cole was not being a gentleman before we walked in there. So, the little lab man wrapped that blue rubber band around his arm to get the vessel popping and then the mean man took FOREVER to get ready to draw the blood. So, as Cole's left arm is all but falling off the lab man is taking his darn sweet time. Then, in goes the butterfly needle. And, nothing...and nothing...and crying...and howling like a dog...then in the background I hear Ellie screaming "my broder, my broder". Finally, I had to release Cole's legs (because I was having to hold his legs while my mom held his arms) and take Ellie out. After about 5 minutes of this guy digging in Cole's arm with a needle he never found the vein. So...THEN they had to prick the poor little guys fingers and let the blood drain (slowly) into the container. By this time, Cole had worked himself up so much that he fell asleep in Nana's arms. Wheeewww...when we left both Nana and myself were both sweating like we played 3 sets of tennis in the dead of summer! But, it is over...thank goodness!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am glad I wasn't there...I can still be the good aunt that never allows those babies to get hurt! :) Give kisses to both!