Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ellie stories...

I wanted to update my blog on a few of the Ellie stories. Whenever she says something funny I think oh- I need to put that on my blog. Then, I end up forgetting them. But, one story I thought was cute, and I actually remembered it. Ever since Jill's wedding at the Aquarium...Ellie LOVES fish and LOVES to talk about the aquarium. She has a fish book and Tim has taught her all of the different types of sea creatures. She can name shrimp, coral, sea stars, cucumbers, jelly fish, squid, etc. Anyways, she wants to go back to the aquarium...the only thing is she thinks someone has to get married in order to go back. So, one day we were sitting at the table eating lunch together and a commercial for the aquarium came on. She looked over at me and said "mommy, we can go to the aquarium and you and daddy can get married" I just laughed and said...mommy and daddy are already married, we got married a couple of years before you were born. She looked at me like she just lost her best friend and said "ah, man...I guess we won't get to go to the aquarium". haha!! Then I explained that we would still be able to take her to the aquarium even though no one was getting married.

Also, Shunggy (Ellie's ghost friend) has been paying us visits more and more. Ellie puts out snacks, opens the door for her, and makes her juice. The kids went to Grammie and pop pop's house this weekend and they said she even wanted to pull up a chair at the dinner table for Shunggy.

Cole is now pulling all the way up on things and attempting to try to cruise. This is all going way too fast! I don't think I posted on here that his blood work came back that he was anemic. He is on a iron supplement and high iron packed foods until his 1 year appt...where they are going to have to DRAW BLOOD AGAIN to make sure his red blood cell levels come up. If they don't...not sure what happens...but if they do he will just remain on the high iron foods. I am just going to tell the guy to prick his finger instead of going through all of the troubles we had last time though! I made the appt while El is in preschool so she won't be tramatized again!

We leave for the beach Friday...Ellie is SO excited! She keeps saying "mommy, I want to go to the beach NOW" But...I will have lots of fun pics and stories to share when we get back!

No comments: