Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to work for Jools!

I am really excited about a job that I got for this fall. I will be teaching a small class of 3-year olds at my church. They run a weekday preschool for 2-4 year olds and I have gotten the great opportunity to teach there. Not only do I get to teach there, I get to bring Cole with me and he will be in their two-year-old class for next to nothing per month! I start August 30 with pre-planning then I get students Sept 7. Unfortunately, I can only teach there until December because I will start student teaching in January. I have not heard where I am student teaching at but it will either be Mountain View High School, Mill Creek High School, or Collins Hill High School.

I am very thankful for this opportunity to be able to get some "practice" teaching before going into student teaching. I am sure any teacher out there would agree - it is nerve racking to think about getting up in that class for the first time. Yikes!! So, hopefully this will allow me to get my feet wet before January. Then, in May - I WILL BE DONE! YAY! I have applied for May 2011 graduation. I am taking the GACE in Special Ed this Saturday - so wish me luck! :/

No comments: