Thursday, January 7, 2010

I have landed flat on my back

Ouch...is all I have to say. Last night after bootcamp I came home and my back hurt worse than it ever has. When I was pregnant with Cole I had all sorts of pains below the belt, if you will. I had bad varicosities, a Hernia, and horrible tailbone pain when sitting and standing. The first two went away pretty much as soon as Cole was delivered. But, the tailbone pain was worsened after delivery. My OB/GYN told me it would go away within a year and it was just sciatic nerve pain. So, I put my big girl pants on and just dealt with it. Then about a year ago it started moving into my lower back. It was off and on pain and I passed it off as just having kids and working out trying to get the last 10 lbs from Cole off. But, last night after bootcamp it was a whole different ballgame. I had a hard time even moving. My sleep was horrible and when I woke up it was not any better. I have taken two rounds of two Aleve, which usually knocks out any pain imaginable...but it really just takes a little edge off. So, I am off to see our friend Dr. Levengood tomorrow to see what the heck is going on. Today has been interesting with me being laid up with the kids running around. Both are still in the PJ's...it's 1 pm! I feel like a horrible mother...but I honestly cannot bend over to change them. Cole had a "soiled" diaper and I was in tears on the floor changing him. Hopefully it is just something muscular and can be fixed with a few pills and rest. I will keep you updated...I wish he was in the office now so I could get some relief!

BTW...Cole goes for his 18 month appt tomorrow. Mom is going to help me get there and help me with him so I should be good. I am anxious to see how he is doing. We will have to check his iron levels again to see how his anemia is doing...hopefully better!

1 comment:

Nikki Masson said...

Hope you get better soon. There isn't anything much worse than back pain. I ended up having to live with my mom and dad for 3 weeks at one point because I couldn't take care of Callie and John had to work.