Saturday, December 27, 2008

I only wanted to kick it 537 times...but I finally got the hang of it

Another one of mom and dad's presents to me was a sewing/embroidery combo. I am not one to read directions...especially when there are 200 pages of them. I am more of a trial and error type of gal...(and don't deny that you are not one either). So...after messing up a good bit I finally figured it out. I have posted some of the pics of what I have done. I am not doing this for a business...just for the kids and little shower gifts and stuff. It is just really fun to personalize things!!
Here are my first two items I have done. On the bib the name got closer to the plane than I wanted but I will know for next time!








2 comments:

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

what kind of machine do you have? i've got a janome mc9700 and i LOVE it. you'll get the hang of it...i know how frustrating it at the beginning!

Suzanna said...

YOU HAVE A MONOGRAMMING MACHINE?? Oh, girl--have FUN with that! Part of me wants one so badly, but most of me knows I would never have the patience to learn how to do it. But, that is so fun that you have one--Ellie and Cole will even have their socks personalized before long!