Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ellie in Espanol!

As most of you know Ellie's favorite "tar-toon" (cartoon) is Dora. We have it DVRed so we always have Dora on demand! Well...in the opening credit of Dora she says vamonos and arriba in the little song that is played. Well...Arriba come to find out means come on in spanish. But, I did not know that until Ellie wanted me to do something the other day and she looked at me (I hope you are sitting down) and said "mommy, play wif me - arriba" I was sitting in the chair and when she said that I fell out of the chair! I have heard of arriba from the little band at Frontera...but I never knew what it meant. I looked it up and it means "come on". So...not only did Ellie say a spanish word...she used it the right way. So if it were all in english she would have said "mommy, play wif me, come on".

THEN...April and I were talking in the living room and Ellie was running around. I thought I heard Tim getting home and Ellie always like to tell me when Daddy is home so I said "Ellie go see if daddy is home." So, Ellie ran to the door and looked and I said again "is he home" and she replied...(again I hope you are sitting down) Si!! I looked at April and I said did she just say yes in spanish? April looked back and said "yeah - I think she did." So, if you ever need a translator you know where to go. See...TV can be educational!! hahahaha...

2 comments:

Suzanna said...

That is hilarious! I love that little girl!

I cannot WAIT to hear what you got for Christmas from the used secret santa shop! I guess they are teaching them to regift early!

Julie said...

Haha!! I know!! I am just overly excited about the santa secret shop gifts!! See you Saturday!