Monday, December 22, 2008

Big walls and spanish counting!

Well...there is more to add to Ellie's new found love for the spanish language! Also, she is becoming a geography buff as well. After church on Sunday Tim was carrying Ellie out to the car and the church has a new little outdoor courtyard edged with a small wall. As we were walking to the car Ellie looked down at the wall and said "hey daddy, wook (look) at dat wall...it's wike (like)China." I just could not believe it!! She knows that there is a wall in China. I asked her where she learned that and she said Dora. Then I guess that makes sense since Dora is "Dora the Explorer" Dora explores different places and I guess there was an episode on China!!

Then, last night I was asking her about spanish and all of the sudden she busted out with "uno, dos, tres, quattro, cinco"...my jaw dropped. I asked her what are you doing? She said counting in spanish! Geez...maybe Dora can make an episode on how NOT to use markers to draw ALL OVER YOUR BODY...which is a whole other story in itself! Just use your imagination!!

We are ready for the big man himself to come to visit...SANTA!! I think Ellie thinks she will never get to open her presents since I have had presents under the tree since the weekend after Thanksgiving. But, she got to open her present from My grandparents this weekend. She got a Melissa and Doug wooden doll house...SHE LOVES IT!! It joined her in bed Friday night!! haha.

We go tomorrow for Cole's 6 month appt...I cannot believe he is 6 months old!! Yikes!! I will update on Cole tomorrow!

No comments: