Friday, May 15, 2009

Stop the MADNESS!!

In recent days, my two lovely, kind, sweet children have turned against each other!! Cole is now VERY mobile...crusing, climbing, crawling, standing...and it is driving Ellie NUTS! I spend most of my days now wiping Ellies tears, putting her in timeout, kissing boo-boos, and saying "don't hit your sister, or don't hit, push, pick-up, or pull your brothers arms out of the socket! Here is a quick dialog of my day...

Setting: Ellie and Cole playing nicely in the playroom while I work of school stuff or doing chores at the house.

Ellie: MMMOOOMMMYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH.....
Me: What Ellie
Ellie: Cole hit me in the head with the pink castle.
Me: Cole-Man, we cannot hit people with the pink castle (even though he looks at me like I am crazy). Ellie, he is sorry...he does not really know better right now.

Few minutes of nice playing...

Cole: WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.........
Me: Ellie...what happened
Ellie: I pushed him
Me: Why?
Ellie: Cole was chewing on my shoe
Me: Ellie you cannot push your brother over, you have three minutes in time-out.
Ellie: cried and pleaded with me for 2 of the 3 minutes.

Ok, few minutes of peaceful playing...

Cole: whimper, whimper, whimper
I look over and Ellie is dragging him out of the playroom by his arms...
Me: ELLIE KATE WOODSON...you CANNOT drag your brother around by his arms.
Ellie: why not?
Me: because you will hurt him, if you do it again...you get another time out

About 20 minutes later...

Ellie: WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....COLE-MAN...you RUINED IT!
Me: What happened?
Ellie: Cole knocked over my building (of blocks)
Me: picked up Cole...said no Cole...you cannot knock over Ellie's building.

Do you get my drift here??

I knew this was going to be an issue (it is in every family) but I thought it would be atleast once Cole was over a year!! It is SO IRRITATING!! :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Madness it is, but normal...hope you are ready to be a ref between those two...just think how bad it is going to be when Luke is around. Somebody is going to get left out. The fun experience of being a mom of more than one....only child is looking better and better...just kidding.

Kristen said...

Substitute the names Jackson and Luke (and probably change the pink castle to a thomas train) and that is exactly what things are like at our house on a daily basis...you are not alone! hang in there :)

Tia Faulkner said...

well since we only have one little man at our house, i haven't experienced those fun times yet. they are cracking me up though! good luck sister!