Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saving for med school...

Today I went to Athens to see my grandmother in the hospital. She is doing much better and should be going home tomorrow. But, I just went my self and decided to leave the kids home with Tim. I got about 15 min down the road and Tim called...at first I was like...really...15 min...he could not last longer than that. But, he was calling to tell me what Ellie just said.

Tim said once I left Ellie looked at him and said 'Where did mommy go?" Tim said "Gramma is sick and mommy went to go visit her" Then Ellie said "Is Gramma with Paw Paw (which is my grandfather who died back in June)?" Tim said no, she is not with Paw Paw" - he said "Remember, Paw Paw lives with Jesus now" He then told me she looked down (I guess taking in what Tim just said) and then looked back up at him and said "Daddy, I want to be a doctor to help people feel better" -- SWEET BABY!!

So...I am so proud of her goals she has set...but I think we need to start doubling what we put in her savings account so we can pay for all of that schooling...yikes!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

She is a sweet baby! She always makes me feel better. Tell her to start practicing with her dr. kit!

Julie said...

She uses her dr. kit a lot...mostly to give Cole shots...haha!!