Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Holy crap...Literally!

For about oh say...a long time - maybe even a year...Ellie has been complaining that her tummy hurt and it hurt to go potty (t-t). The past few days she has been telling Tim and I both that her back hurt too. So, I knew something was up b/c I mean come on...what 3 year old has a bad back!?!? So, we ended up going to the doctor for a viral infection today and I asked the doctor if we could really get to the bottom (no pun intended) of her aches and pains in her tummy, back, and bottom. So, we ended up doing an x-ray to see what was going on in her bowels. And...HOLY CRAP...literally!! She has a MAJOR blockage! So, I am SO relieved that we know what is going on so we can fix it (which should be a blast in itself!) I feel so bad for her b/c I know what it is like after I eat a big meal and feel bloated and "Stuffed" and she is feeling this way everyday all day! Poor baby. So, I know this might be TMI...but no one will imagine how much is blocked unless they see it for themselves...so here is a picture of the xray. See the comparison to her body...I mean HUGE!!! I cannot get the picture to turn...so you will have to turn your head :) The blockage is the "foot" shaped black spot!





2 comments:

Nikki Masson said...

Poor Baby. What do you do for that?

Julie said...

Lots of "Mira-Lax" :) Oh Joy!