Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cole is "Tubular"

Cole got his tubes put in his ears yesterday and did GREAT! He was really fussy before the procedure because he had been up since 4:30 am and he did not actually go back for the tubes until 7:45 am. So, Tim and I took turns trying EVERYTHING to keep him happy EXCEPT food and juice...which is usually the #1 and #2 entertainers! But, I got to back with Cole while they put him to sleep which was NOT what I was expecting. I did not think much of this procedure. I was just looking forward to no more ear infections! But, I carried him into the operating room and layed him on the table and helped hold him down while they gave him the gas. He was fighting it and I felt horrible holding him down! Then, the gas was getting to him and he all of the sudden gave up and went to sleep. But, seeing him there SO asleep that it was scary was harder than I ever even gave thought to. The nurse said ok mom, give him a kiss and we will take good care of him. So, I kissed his little still cheek and walked out of the room CRYING! GEESH! The nurse was nice and told me he was in good hands, which I knew he was...but he looked so lifeless it was scary! But, the tubes are in and he is doing great! He took two naps yesterday the first one was for 3.5 hours and the second one was for 1.5 hours! Sleepy boy!! Hopefully we will not have anymore ear infections!

Here is a pic of Cole when we were in recovery. He looks so out of it! He was NOT a happy camper when we was trying to wake up! He downed 2 full sippy cups full of apple juice in the matter of 3-5 minutes! Poor buddy! Notice Tim in the background...he was more tired than Cole I think...he yawned the WHOLE time! Ha ha!

1 comment:

Tom Elliott said...

I glad it went well, hopefully all his body parts are now in good working order!!!